Specialized care and support!
Bluff View Estates Senior Living, as part of Tealwood Senior Living, is committed to our mission of enriching the lives of those we serve. We are devoted to providing the highest quality care possible and have developed evidence-based practices and quality assurance programs that keep the focus on the care and well-bring of our residents. It is the programs and services for our residents along with the training and development of our team members that set Tealwood apart from other senior living communities.
Our Programs & Services
- Inspire Wellness For Life
- Enriching Connections
- Respite And Recovery
- Medication Management
- Medication Therapy Management
Our Comprehensive Wellness Program
We believe addressing the whole person is the key to Quality of Life. Therefore, the following 7 dimensions of wellness are our important guiding principles:
- Physical: Choosing to live a healthy, active lifestyle
- Spiritual: Living with meaning and purpose
- Social: Having daily interactions with others
- Emotional: Being aware of and accepting feelings
- Intellectual: Engaging in creative pursuits
- Vocational: Expressing yourself through talents and passion
- Environmental: Respecting and caring for our surroundings
We Strive to Improve the Resident Quality of Life
- Our community life is enriched through an array of well-rounded and multi-dimensional programming
- Programs are driven by person-centered preferences
- Our programs are developed through evidenced based research
Our Primary Focus
- Improve cognition
- Decrease pain
- Reduce falls
- Reduce symptoms of depression
Our mission is to enrich the lives of those we serve.
Unwavering commitment to you!
Enriching Connections is our dementia specific program which focuses on providing our staff and caregivers with the specialized training and approaches that best serve our residents. Our unwavering commitment to enrich the lives of our seniors with dementia has allowed us to be proactive in our approach to caring for those with memory loss. The Enriching Connections program provides the education necessary to focus on an individualized plan for each resident while allowing them to be as independent as possible.
- Relationships & Community: Every individual is invited to belong.
- Commitment: Organizational leaders are actively involved and committed to preserving our culture of person-centered care.
- Certification & Training: All management and Memory Care staff members are certified in dementia care through the Alzheimer’s Association and also complete additional dementia training.
- Services: Families, with the aid of our nursing staff, can focus plans of care that promote personal preferences, dignity, and independence.
- Meaningful Life & Engagement: Inspire Wellness for Life is the core program that allows us promote and maintain the best quality of life for each individual.
- Environment: We are dedicated to making continual improvements so every Tealwood community maintains their dementia friendly environment.
- Accountability: We continually monitor our processes, operational plans, and culture to sustain our high standards of quality care.
If you have questions and we can connect you to our physician services partner.
Everyone needs a little respite!
Our respite program is available for a 7 to 60 day stay. When informal caregivers require a leave or if you are recovering from illness, injury or disease, we have a place for you to stay. Due to the short-term and/or acute nature of the service, it is offered as a complete, individualized package including:
- Furnished apartment
- All utilities (except phone)
- Three meals per day
- Weekly linen and personal laundry
- Emergency response system
- Group activities
- 24 hour staffing
- Wellness checks
- Initial assessment and monitoring by trained staff
- Assistance with personal cares such as bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, eating and mobility
- Medication administration
- Medication set-up
- Nurse supervision and monitoring by trained staff
There is a per day cost for respite care services; please call for rates. Discharge is anticipated within 60 days, or an assessment by one of our registered nurses is completed to determine current status and make recommendations for appropriate service options. Other skilled services, such as physical therapy, will need to be purchased from the health care provider of your choice.
Providing the best care possible!
Our experienced team has been committed to quality improvement through innovation and alignment with our core mission. Listening and responding to the needs of our tenants and families is imperative to maintaining our commitment to quality care. One area of ongoing concern in healthcare is medication management —specifically medication errors, overuse, and thorough, quality review.
In response to this need we’ve come together with pharmacy experts utilizing an affiliate organization to meet our needs. TotalCare Pharmacy will provide extensive benefits, with pharmacy services tailored to our processes, allowing Tealwood managed and owned properties to provide you the best care possible.
We understand that the 360 approach to healthcare is crucial for the best care delivery possible. … because the journey matters.
Our unique program
According to the American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy, a pharmacist’s care resulted in reduced and avoided costs by “reducing drug expenditures, hospital admissions, length of hospital stay, and emergency department visits.”
What is Medication Therapy Management (MTM)?
- A face-to-face consultation with a specially trained Pharmacist, initiated by a change in medication, non-adherence, or ineffective medication therapy
- Pharmacist reconciles medications to both physician order and diagnosis
- A medication review of prescription drugs and over-the-counter medications
- Continuous medication monitoring by the Pharmacist, always checking for indication, effectiveness, and safety
- Client education to ensure medications are taken properly
- Pharmacist communication and follow-up with the physician
Harrison Bay Senior Living has partnered with Recover Health to provide those that leave our community and go back to their home with Medication Therapy Management (MTM). What makes this program unique is its client centered, face-to-face approach. While most MTM programs are delivered via telephone or simply a chart review, our Pharmacist provides face-to-face MTM services in the client’s home environment. By engaging face-to-face, the Pharmacist will provide a more comprehensive service resulting in improved clinical outcomes for the client. When MTM is done in combination with our healthcare partners, we provide truly integrated healthcare.
Continue your journey
Hospice is philosophy that focuses on individualized care, quality of life and comfort for individuals living with advanced illnesses. Tealwood Senior Living strives to provide superior care through the end stages of life by partnering with hospice agencies across our organization. Because of these partnerships, our staff is able to provide support to our resident and their loved ones under the guidance of hospice agencies. Tealwood is committed to providing hospice care to our residents in the comfort and convenience of their own home with familiar faces caring for them along their journey.